In San Francisco, Virus is Contained but Schools Are Still Closed
12-16-2020, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2020 04:34 PM by David Lockmiller.)
RE: In San Francisco, Virus is Contained but Schools Are Still Closed
(12-16-2020 12:55 PM)Rob Wick Wrote:  Now tell me what grievous sin I've committed by believing in local community standards (remembering response #1).

Best
Rob

The "local community" that you are talking about are 11 members of the San Francisco Unified School District Renaming of Schools Panel appointed by the elected members of the San Francisco Board of Education.

The population of the "local community" of San Francisco in 2018 was 883,305. The 11 member "local community" Panel has decided (not the 883,305 San Francisco citizens plus net new citizens since 2018) that the commanding General of the successful American Revolutionary War, the first signer of the U. S. Constitution (which by its provisions implicitly permitted ownership of slaves by citizens), and the first President of the United States is no longer worthy of having a San Francisco high school named in his honor because he committed the "grievous sin" (to use your words) of owning slaves at the time the Constitution permitted him to do so.

According to the Brown Act, if the elected members of the San Francisco School Board now decide to follow the recommendations of this 11 member Panel, the rest of the "local community" of San Francisco, several hundred thousand citizens, have no say whatsoever in this decision. In essence, less than 20 citizens, are creating new "local community" standards with which I have some justifiable disagreement and as a citizen of San Francisco I am voicing that disagreement in a Letter to the Editor of a local newspaper, the Richmond Review, before a final decision is made. I believe it is the right of a "local community" citizen to disagree in this manner.

"So very difficult a matter is it to trace and find out the truth of anything by history." -- Plutarch
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: In San Francisco, Virus is Contained but Schools Are Still Closed - David Lockmiller - 12-16-2020 04:14 PM