In San Francisco, Virus is Contained but Schools Are Still Closed
11-10-2020, 07:09 PM
RE: In San Francisco, Virus is Contained but Schools Are Still Closed
Your question is specious. Who would be willing to accept 90 percent of the truth? What you should be asking is how do you determine what is true and what is prejudice? What it boils down to, from the various posts you've made here, is my belief (opinion, not fact or truth) that you worship a plaster saint and want everyone else to do so. You believe that by removing Lincoln's name from a high school, whether right or wrong, it is an affront to his memory. I believe that if you're going to require that no name be taken off of a school named for Lincoln, you better be ready for those who hold the same view about Robert E. Lee. You can't be in favor of one and not allow the other. If a government body such as a city council or a school board determines that a majority of its constituents want that action to take place, that's what we call democracy. You are free to question that action and to vote against those who take it, but if you don't succeed in removing them from office, that is pretty much prima facie evidence that the move was accepted and popular.

As for the 1619 Project and the awarding of the Pulitzer, go someplace where you can put up a table and circulate a petition to urge the New York Times to disassociate itself with the series. However, before they can sign, they must give you a detailed account of what it says and how it's wrong. I expect you'll come out with a very bright white piece of paper.

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: In San Francisco, Virus is Contained but Schools Are Still Closed - Rob Wick - 11-10-2020 07:09 PM