In San Francisco, Virus is Contained but Schools Are Still Closed
11-10-2020, 05:51 PM
RE: In San Francisco, Virus is Contained but Schools Are Still Closed
(11-10-2020 03:30 PM)Rob Wick Wrote:  
Quote:“The duplicity of attempting to alter the historical record in a manner intended to deceive the public is as serious an infraction against professional ethics as a journalist can commit.”

Which is a matter of opinion. Even if you were able to convince the entire American Historical Association that this was a correct interpretation, it still is nothing more than opinion.

Plus, while I'm no lawyer, to accuse someone of trying to deceive the public could be considered, at least in my mind, as libelous or slanderous.

Quote:And, when this duplicity is rewarded with a Pulitzer Prize, it provides the cover of authoritative "presumed truth" for many of the 300,000,000 citizens of the United States.
Nonsense. When you can show me how many of those 300,000,000 even know who won the prize this year then I'll concede your point.

Quote:Some people don't care; I do.

That's the first thing you've said that I agree with.

Best
Rob

One out of three is a good percentage in baseball. But when it comes to President Abraham Lincoln, I want to hear and read the truth 100 percent of the time.

What percentage of the time would you prefer to hear and read the truth about President Abraham Lincoln?

"So very difficult a matter is it to trace and find out the truth of anything by history." -- Plutarch
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: In San Francisco, Virus is Contained but Schools Are Still Closed - David Lockmiller - 11-10-2020 05:51 PM