In San Francisco, Virus is Contained but Schools Are Still Closed
11-10-2020, 03:13 PM
RE: In San Francisco, Virus is Contained but Schools Are Still Closed
(11-10-2020 01:41 PM)Rob Wick Wrote:  What exactly does all that prove? So there are at least 21 people in a nation of over 300,000,000 that agree with you. I honestly don't get your obsession with this. You disagree with it. That's fine. That's your right. But you seem to be afraid of what will happen to Lincoln's reputation among Americans if some misguided people are allowed to tear down a statue or change the name of a high school. I have more faith in Lincoln, and in my fellow countrymen, to worry about that.

Best
Rob

The importance to this "nation of over 300,000,000" is this:

“The duplicity of attempting to alter the historical record in a manner intended to deceive the public is as serious an infraction against professional ethics as a journalist can commit.”

And, when this duplicity is rewarded with a Pulitzer Prize, it provides the cover of authoritative "presumed truth" for many of the 300,000,000 citizens of the United States.

Some people don't care; I do.

"So very difficult a matter is it to trace and find out the truth of anything by history." -- Plutarch
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: In San Francisco, Virus is Contained but Schools Are Still Closed - David Lockmiller - 11-10-2020 03:13 PM