In San Francisco, Virus is Contained but Schools Are Still Closed
11-02-2020, 06:15 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2020 06:17 AM by David Lockmiller.)
In San Francisco, Virus is Contained but Schools Are Still Closed
The frustration in San Francisco boiled over last month when district administrators told the principals of roughly one-third of the district’s 125 public schools that their communities should start brainstorming new names for their schools, because their current names had historical associations with slavery, genocide, colonization or other injustices. The list included schools named for Abraham Lincoln, George Washington and even the state’s senior U.S. senator, Dianne Feinstein.

The president of the Board of Education, Mark Sanchez, said in response that the renaming process was not interfering with preparations to reopen.

I would like to know how the name of Abraham Lincoln got on that list for renaming schools for just cause. I wonder if the name, Nikole Hannah-Jones, will come up. I am also curious to see if the sun will rise in the east tomorrow.

"So very difficult a matter is it to trace and find out the truth of anything by history." -- Plutarch
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
In San Francisco, Virus is Contained but Schools Are Still Closed - David Lockmiller - 11-02-2020 06:15 AM