Introducing an exchange student from Germany to Lincoln
02-23-2020, 05:57 PM
RE: Introducing an exchange student from Germany to Lincoln
(02-22-2020 07:54 PM)Amy L. Wrote:  She comes from around Düsseldorf. Near the Dutch border.

Finally, I asked my husband this question about his education in Germany (without expecting an answer) and he said, his discusion in HS about America was comparing 1980s Russian farming trade with American trade policies. (So complicated? So, that would be a class in econimic-analysis for the 12th grade, and it just happened that the teacher used the US as a case study.)
Friends of mine said their only history lessons that included America were in relation to the 2nd WW, specifically Pearl Harbor. And also generally US gov't structure and 'Balance of Power' (which failed, and doesn't actually exist).
I take it all to mean: It depends on the interest of the teacher, not what's required from the State, to meet one's knowledge-requirement of US history in the German school system.
(My education at a good school in New Jersey was lacking. There was no in-depth analysis of the American Civil War, nor of German history. (Only a brief touch on the Weimar Republic, the Holocaust, and Reagan saying, 'Tear this wall down.') I regret not being more attentive...)

Interesting. I think I have my work cut out for me.

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Introducing an exchange student from Germany to Lincoln - LincolnMan - 02-23-2020 05:57 PM