Interesting
08-29-2019, 02:45 PM
RE: Interesting
I had an interesting start to my day: As I turned into the Surratt House parking lot, I was greeted by Abraham Lincoln in full garb, surrounded by American flags planted in the ground around him -- and a waist-high, long sign in red, white, and blue reading VOTE FOR JOE BIDEN. Minus the sign, Mr. Lincoln is now on our Facebook page today. Go to surrattmuseum.org if you want to see him.

Surratt House is owned and operated by a state-chartered government agency, and no politicking is allowed on our property. However, the county bus stops right on our corner, so I could not chase him off. He kept waving to drivers, and they sometimes honked back.

I am also going to insert a little incivility here - If the real Mr. Lincoln was ashamed of his looks, he would be delighted to find that his so-called look-alike looks even worse...

Also want to share a little political humor from a previous presidential campaign. When Clinton and Gore first ran, a campaign stop was here in Clinton. One of our hometown boys, Senator Mike Miller, was/is the President of the Maryland State Senate (currently the longest serving state senate president in the nation), and he and I tried very to have them stump here at Surratt House. They told us we had a bad reputation with presidents. I said "only Republicans." That still didn't convince them, so they set up shop at a small strip mall around the corner and in front of a store with a huge sign that read CLINTON CYCLE. Real classy touch...imo.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Interesting - L Verge - 08-24-2019, 02:30 PM
RE: Interesting - RJNorton - 08-24-2019, 05:10 PM
RE: Interesting - L Verge - 08-29-2019 02:45 PM
RE: Interesting - RJNorton - 08-29-2019, 03:50 PM
RE: Interesting - Eva Elisabeth - 08-29-2019, 07:40 PM
RE: Interesting - David Lockmiller - 08-30-2019, 10:14 AM
RE: Interesting - RJNorton - 08-30-2019, 04:59 AM