The incivility of our times is not new-or is it?
08-28-2019, 02:49 AM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2019 03:58 AM by AussieMick.)
RE: The incivility of our times is not new-or is it?

No idea if you have the same problem ...
mobile phones ... look at that image of a busy Melbourne crossing. Imagine I am walking across this pedestrian crossing. Not a single person walking towards me could give a stuff as to whether they are heading straight into my path. They expect me to take avoiding action.

Then we have the issue of car drivers staring at their mobile phones as they drive down the highway. Total selfishness.

I was on a train and opposite me was a young woman with a toddler. The child was clearly excited to be on the train and continually chatting. The mother? She was too engrossed in her mobile phone to give the child any attention.

I was at a cafe beside the sea in Sydney enjoying a coffee in the sunny open air. At the next table a young couple (maybe 30 years of age) spent 15 minutes on their mobiles ... not talking to each other ... simply fiddling and staring at their mobiles.

“The honest man, tho' e'er sae poor,
Is king o' men for a' that” Robert Burns
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The incivility of our times is not new-or is it? - AussieMick - 08-28-2019 02:49 AM