The incivility of our times is not new-or is it?
08-26-2019, 08:18 AM
RE: The incivility of our times is not new-or is it?
Good morning Rob:
I have no argument against what you said. Valid points all. My subjective sense is that things are worse, but maybe they are not. When I was young, there was a respect for things that people had- even if they didn’t believe in a higher power. I think this was due to a collective thinking of people in basic moral/ethical precepts- like murder is wrong, stealing is wrong, etc. Nowadays, that thinking is very much missing. Again, when I was young, people could recite, for instance, the 10 Commandments- even if they were irreligious. And many of them, believed in them to a degree anyway. I don’t think that is true anymore. We seem to live in a “do whatever is right to you” culture. So the moral/ethical framework for our society is gone. I know I am painting with a very broad brush. I hope you are right in what you say. I respect your insight and input very much. Donna and I are doing well. I plan to fully retire in two years or so. I hope you and yours are well also.

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The incivility of our times is not new-or is it? - LincolnMan - 08-26-2019 08:18 AM