The incivility of our times is not new-or is it?
08-24-2019, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2019 01:58 PM by L Verge.)
RE: The incivility of our times is not new-or is it?
(08-23-2019 01:41 PM)RJNorton Wrote:  I agree with Bill and Laurie. I would be curious to know if this apparent decline in civility is also seen in Europe and elsewhere.

Speaking only from experience with international tourists in D.C., I think that there is a decline globally (but maybe not as pronounced as we see it here). One Asian culture, especially, has amazed me by their rudeness in public areas. It appears that, as wealth and industry has blossomed in certain countries, their politieness has withered on the vine.

This may be the problem in the U.S. as lower classes have achieved financial and social success without the social "training" of how to handle it. Add to that the constant influence of all types of media displaying the poor behavior and even knocking themselves out to create "stories" based on man's rude actions, what do we expect? From an early age, our future generations are exposed to this, and it becomes natural to them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The incivility of our times is not new-or is it? - L Verge - 08-24-2019 01:58 PM