New Development in Booth Case Coming Soon
07-20-2019, 02:29 PM
RE: New Development in Booth Case Coming Soon
(07-20-2019 12:36 PM)L Verge Wrote:  
(07-20-2019 06:58 AM)Gene C Wrote:  
(07-19-2019 05:53 PM)L Verge Wrote:  That gives us another "theory" to explore -- Junius did not die on board that ship; he jumped overboard and spent the rest of his days wandering the earth until dying in Enid, Oklahoma, at well over 100 years of age. The Junius body in Green Mount is actually a poor sailor who was returned to Mary Ann. And the mummy is not really a mummy - Junius was so old and so wrinkled by 1903 that the corpse looked like that naturally. My apologies to the deceased.

Hey, Gene -- how does that scenario sound to you, and does it remind you of any song that we can play as background music as we foist yet another fable on the unsuspecting public?

That works fine, and actually was/is a favorite of mine from the old days.
The "spent the rest of his days wandering the earth" reminded me of this song, is this what you had in mind?
Poor Wayfaring Stranger sung by Jo Stafford
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68SjGxbjBak

(07-19-2019 07:01 PM)Steve Wrote:  I haven't found a copy of Black's Dearborn Independent article online, though it is mentioned elsewhere and apparently Black interviewed William J. Ryan who embalmed George and Ryan said George had blue or blue-gray eyes. Which is definitely a different eye color than that of the assassin John Wilkes Booth.

https://archive.org/details/inshadowofli...se/page/82

Too bad that we don't know the height of Dr. Orlando Scott, the lead doctor in that (what I consider) "staged" mummy exam in the 1930s. There is a very good photo of the doctor standing right beside the mummy, and they are the same height. The photo also reminded me that the mummy had perfectly formed legs below the knee, whereas Johnny had the nickname of "...Bowlegs" because of his noticeable characteristic.

Dr Orlando Franke Scott was 5' 11" tall, according to his WWII Draft Reg. Card, back side.

"In 1931, the Chicago Press Club hired six doctors led by Dr. Orlando Franke Scott (1885–1950) to examine the mummy:"

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Development in Booth Case Coming Soon - Steve Whitlock - 07-20-2019 02:29 PM