The Flimsy Case Against Mary Surratt
01-21-2019, 03:57 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2019 03:59 PM by mike86002000.)
RE: The Flimsy Case Against Mary Surratt
(01-21-2019 03:19 PM)L Verge Wrote:  Mike - Your last sentence is "appealing" (pardon the pun). It's been quite a while now; is there someone in the Mudd family who has decided to move forward with the Free Dr. Mudd rally. If so, what's the tactic this time?

I still have my "Free Dr. Mudd" bumper sticker, and I'm a lifetime member of the society, but I haven't been involved at the Dr. Mudd Museum for the last several years. Certainly, I'm not a spokesman for them or the family.
I expect the scandalous trial of the conspirators, along with the odious "Korematsu", and the trial of the German saboteurs, (their trial, execution, and burial, done in secret), to be brought up as "precedent" by our "president", for depriving civilians the right to civilian trials. I don't expect this to go unchallenged by the courts, (Brett Kavanaugh notwithstanding), or Congress. Ex Patre Milligan is bound to come up.

I make no apology for the precident/president pun. Remember his difficulty with the distinction?

Mike
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Flimsy Case Against Mary Surratt - mike86002000 - 01-21-2019 03:57 PM