It Didn't Happen the Way You Think (by Robert Lockwood Mills)
12-18-2018, 09:35 AM
RE: It Didn't Happen the Way You Think (by Robert Lockwood Mills)
(12-17-2018 05:39 PM)mikegriffith1 Wrote:  
(12-16-2018 01:11 PM)davg2000 Wrote:  Yes, $794.77 for a used paperback copy of Mills's book, from a third-party seller. No reference to it at all on Barnes and Noble's website. Mills’s book may be “careful, sober, and thorough,” but apparently not enough people have agreed with Mr. Griffith in twenty-four years to sustain the book’s existence in print. And, at that price, I’m afraid I will not be getting this book for Christmas. Tsk.

Yeah, why take the risk of reading something that will challenge your position? No need for that, right? Who needs to read both sides of an issue anyway? Just read what you know agrees with your view, and nothing else. Stay in your safe space, your echo chamber.

By the way, the book sold out its printing. And the reason it is so expensive is precisely because there are so few second-hand copies left, which indicates that when the book hit the used-book market, many copies were bought and not many are left. Used-book sellers usually do not set high prices on used books that are not considered valuable. If they do and there are no takers, the price starts to drop. That hasn't happened with Mills' book yet.

If I were you, Mike, and owned this gem which I paid $50 (!) for, I'd contact several used book sellers and let them know what I had. I see a chance to make money. By the way, I just checked, and I see that Amazon now says that the book is "currently unavailable." I'd get on this. Opportunity here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: It Didn't Happen the Way You Think (by Robert Lockwood Mills) - davg2000 - 12-18-2018 09:35 AM