Presidential Trivia
12-06-2018, 05:09 PM
RE: Presidential Trivia
My staff member and good friend, Joan Chaconas, shared a similar story about #41 years ago when her husband was employed behind-the-scenes at the Kennedy Center. There was a special event, and caterers were sharing trays of shrimp with the workers as well as the big-wigs behind stage. Pete and a friend were enjoying some steamed shrimp when a very pleasant fellow in a tux joined them and struck up a conversation as they all munched away. It wasn't until a "man in black" moved closer to the friendly fellow and told him that they needed to move on that Pete realized their companion was none other than Vice President George H.W. Bush -- just being one of the guys.

I have known several Secret Service agents and also military personnel that worked with both President Bushes over the years, and the word is that both of them and their families were the nicest politicians and just plain people that they had the honor of serving. I thought about that as I proudly watched the thousands of folks who paid tribute to him by just standing for hours in the cold to file past #41's bier. They knew and appreciated that he was a "kinder and gentler" soul, I believe. It would be nice if the Age of Civility came back to the United States -- in both our political leaders (on both sides of the aisle) and the American people.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Presidential Trivia - wpbinzel - 12-05-2018, 06:31 PM
RE: Presidential Trivia - Steve - 12-05-2018, 08:09 PM
RE: Presidential Trivia - wpbinzel - 12-05-2018, 08:36 PM
RE: Presidential Trivia - RJNorton - 12-06-2018, 12:01 PM
RE: Presidential Trivia - L Verge - 12-06-2018 05:09 PM
RE: Presidential Trivia - AussieMick - 01-19-2019, 10:07 PM
RE: Presidential Trivia - RJNorton - 01-20-2019, 06:09 AM
RE: Presidential Trivia - AussieMick - 01-20-2019, 06:43 AM