Edman (Ned) Spangler: Anyone Still Think He Was Guilty?
11-23-2018, 03:56 PM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2018 04:27 PM by Gene C.)
RE: Edman (Ned) Spangler: Anyone Still Think He Was Guilty?
(11-23-2018 08:03 AM)mikegriffith1 Wrote:  Oh, so you do believe Spangler was guilty. Your first reply seemed to suggest that you did not. I guess that even in this case, you can't bring yourself to admit that the military commission was wrong.

Anyway, as for the supposed evidence of Spangler's guilt that you presented in your reply, Bogar answers every one of those points. Have you read his book? What about all the evidence he presents that the witnesses you quote were lying? What about the evidence that Ritterspaugh was threatened with prison if he did not say what Lafayette Baker wanted him to say? What about the witnesses who contradicted the prosecution witnesses?

And, just curious: Is Bogar's book another one of the books that you have decided is not "good history" and thus is not sold at your gift shop? I'm asking seriously, not to be sarcastic. I am really curious to know if you sell Bogar's book at your gift shop, given that it has been so highly acclaimed but that it strongly questions the military commission's conduct and findings on several issues.

(11-21-2018 07:44 PM)L Verge Wrote:  Boy, do you know how to twist or misinterpret other people's comments! Please show me where I changed my opinion in what I posted regarding trial testimony that I have covered to date. I have re-read my post several times today and find no spot where I did anything but inform our readers what I was finding.

I do not think that Spangler was guilty of a larger role like the other conspirators, but I do think there was hearsay, innuendo (which you are good at), and guilt by association enough for the commission to have to take some stand as to his guilt or innocence -- and I think what they ruled was acceptable under the circumstances.

As for Tom Bogar: Yes, I have read his book, referred to it numerous times, count Tom as a friend, had him speak at our conference when his book came out. And, we have sold Backstage in our gift shop since its publication and have reordered numerous times. Any other attempt to stir up trouble in that realm?

As for what else we sell in the book line, go to our website (surrattmuseum.org) and see for yourself.

I've got to agree with Laurie here.
Mike for someone with your credentials, your replies (or lack of) to peoples questions in other threads and your twisting of peoples replies in this one, is quite disappointing.

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Edman (Ned) Spangler: Anyone Still Think He Was Guilty? - Gene C - 11-23-2018 03:56 PM