Soldier dies while trying to vote during Civil War
11-16-2018, 12:53 PM
RE: Soldier dies while trying to vote during Civil War
(11-16-2018 05:42 AM)AussieMick Wrote:  David, when you write " The Office of President of the United States is the single office within our government that should be decided by every citizen of the United States" are you saying that every citizen should be compelled to vote?

No, I am not saying that every citizen should be compelled to vote. That decision is a matter of personal choice which I support.

What I am saying is that the vote in Florida could decide the selection for President of the United States once again in 2020 as it did in 2000. And, this conclusion would be despite the fact that the total vote of all citizens of the United States who "freely" choose to vote for the President of the United States is readily available. One citizen and one vote that counts as much as any other citizen's vote is my idea of the correct voting principle in any democracy. In every state, the U. S. Senators and statewide offices (such as Governor) are decided in this manner. And, U. S. Representatives are decided in districts within the individual states with the same "most votes" principle.

The following is the latest news on the recounts in Florida:

After a tumultuous machine recount of Florida’s midterm elections concluded on Thursday, officials have ordered a recount by hand of the close Senate race between Rick Scott, the Republican governor, and the Democratic incumbent, Bill Nelson.

Mr. Scott has a 12,603-vote lead, a margin of 0.15 percentage point, and he has called for Mr. Nelson to concede.

Another Republican, Ron DeSantis, held onto a more substantial lead over Andrew Gillum in the race for governor, though votes were still being counted in that contest, too.

If you were a citizen of California, or any other state, would you want the election of the President of the United States to be decided in Florida in 2020, or possibly, by a nine justice vote of the United States Supreme Court once again?

"So very difficult a matter is it to trace and find out the truth of anything by history." -- Plutarch
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Soldier dies while trying to vote during Civil War - David Lockmiller - 11-16-2018 12:53 PM