Identification of Booth's body
12-10-2018, 10:05 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2018 10:18 PM by JMadonna.)
RE: Identification of Booth's body
(12-10-2018 05:17 PM)mikegriffith1 Wrote:  
(12-08-2018 05:16 PM)JMadonna Wrote:  MG - This does not address the points I made on this issue. Booth had extra blankets, thanks to Cox. He slept under the cover of trees when he was outdoors. He spent at least three nights of his flight indoors. By all accounts, he was never even close to being "half-starved." He ate at Mudd's house. Cox fed him. Jones brought him food every day when he was hiding near Cox's house, and Jones also bought him a meal before he helped him cross the river. The Rollins fed him.

*** No dispute that he received food from Mudd, and Cox - Who fed him after he left Cox on the 20th? How many meals did he get from the 20th until the 26th? Did he stop at a McDonalds?

[quote='JMadonna' pid='74268' dateline='1544303777']Most freckles are produced by exposure to ultraviolet sunlight (feel free to look it up). Booth was described as a man with 'porcelain' skin. Freckling is common for individuals with less-pigmented skin. So 10 days of exposure would easily cause this in Booth's case.

MG- Sorry, but this dog won't even get out of the yard. As I've mentioned before, I spent 21 years in the Army and did two training tours in the Mojave Desert in California, where my fellow soldiers and I were truly "exposed" to intense sunlight for weeks at a time, and I never once saw anyone sprout freckles. I didn't sprout freckles either, and I have baby-white skin.

Yes, sunlight can cause a type of burn freckling if the exposure is intense and prolonged. Nothing of the kind could have happened to Booth in late April in Maryland and Virginia. And, I would again note that for most of the time when Booth had to stay outdoors, he was staying among a thick forest near Cox's house. So the sunlight-caused-freckles dog just won't hunt.

*** HE WAS LiVING IN THE Zekiah swamp!! Do you know what a swamp is? Most of it is underwater and in the spring what happens? Rivers overflow making it even less hospitable. Even today its regarded as a wild area by people who live in the surrounding the area. Just because it was 'wooded' doesn't mean the trees were in full bloom or even that they rose out of solid ground. You make it sound as if he was in a picnic area. Look at pictures of it.

(12-08-2018 05:16 PM)JMadonna Wrote:  Secondly: Your description of his flight makes it sound like is was a walk in the park. He was forced to stay outdoors and walk with a broken leg for 10 days and be exposed to the elements for 24 hrs/day. If you had to endure this treatment, I'll bet it would age you at least 2 years too.

MG - You are again simply ignoring the facts I cited in my reply. He was not "exposed to the elements for 24 hrs/day." That is demonstrably false. Go read Thomas Jones' long account of his time helping Booth for four days. Booth was in the shade among a thick forest. Jones brought him food every day. He was not even remotely exposed to sunlight long enough to cause freckling.

**** By your own estimates Booth slept indoors 3 times for a max of 8 hrs per day. Take Laurie's 233 hours on the run, subtract 24 hrs he slept indoors and that leaves 209 hours of exposure outdoors. When you did your two training tours in the Mojave Desert, were you prepared and in shape for your tour? Did you do it with a broken leg to prove you were the toughest guy in the outfit? Did the Army give you 3 squares a day? sunscreen? hats that shaded your face? tents to shield you from the sun? Or were you outside as long as Booth was?

MG- No, the ground would not have been "frozen" beneath Booth in late April. That is erroneous. My church does campouts in April and May because the weather is mild, not too hot and not too cold.

**** You do know that there is a big difference between weather in April and May don't you? Good of you to keep the moth vague to make your point. Does your church use sleeping bags? tents? RVs or other devices to keep the campers off the ground? Do they camp in a swamp? Are they're giving them penance before Easter?

MG - And I would again point out that Cox gave Booth extra blankets. You keep ignoring this fact.

**** Not ignoring it, its just a worthless point. If you were really in the desert you know it gets very cold at night because the ground doesn't retain heat. A blanket on the ground just ain't going to stop the cold coming up from the ground. I don't care if he had a dozen blankets. Do you think that a man with a broken leg, loosing body heat could be comfortable laying on the cold ground with a blanket. A blanket that was probably wet from the rain and because he was LIVING IN A SWAMP!

MG - More erroneous and baseless speculation. It was not that cold. It does not get that cold in April in southern Maryland and central Virginia.

**** Again I'm not talking about air temperature. I'm talking about cold coming up from the ground.

(12-08-2018 05:16 PM)JMadonna Wrote:  You also claimed: "Contrary to later mythology, Booth was not “half-starved” and “haggered” during his flight."

I know of nobody who actually witnessed Booth during his flight ever make an assertion like this. Feel free to correct me if wrong - I don't know how he couldn't be haggered and half starved.

MG - You are yet again just ignoring evidence that I've presented. When Conger showed Rollins pics of Booth less than 48 hours before the barn shooting, Rollins had no problem identifying Booth as the man he had seen on crutches. The only difference Rollins noted was that the man on crutches had no mustache.

How about you quote me one person who saw Booth during this period who said he looked "half-starved"? None of the CSA soldiers who saw Booth 48 hours before he was allegedly shot said anything about him looking "half-starved" or that his face looked "sunken," etc., etc. Jett didn't. Ruggles didn't. The Rollins didn't.

**** Did it occur to you that Booth's physical condition was of no value to the soldiers at that time? They wanted to know where he was,period. Even if Rollins said he looked half-dead do you really think Conger would include that in his report? I asked you to correct me if I was wrong - You haven't. Unfortunately your absence of evidence argument does not make your assertion true- its laughable that you're even forced to resort to it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Identification of Booth's body - SSlater - 09-21-2018, 09:28 PM
RE: Identification of Booth's body - Steve - 10-11-2018, 05:15 PM
RE: Identification of Booth's body - Steve - 12-30-2018, 05:19 AM
RE: Identification of Booth's body - Steve - 12-18-2018, 08:58 PM
RE: Identification of Booth's body - Steve - 10-19-2018, 02:59 AM
RE: Identification of Booth's body - Steve - 10-27-2018, 12:38 AM
RE: Identification of Booth's body - Steve - 11-09-2018, 09:02 PM
RE: Identification of Booth's body - Steve - 11-10-2018, 04:35 PM
RE: Identification of Booth's body - JMadonna - 12-10-2018 10:05 PM