My Journey on Lincoln's Assassination
12-01-2018, 01:01 PM
RE: My Journey on Lincoln's Assassination
Steve,

For some reason, when I try to open the documents you provide the system tells me I'm not logged in. After trying to log in again, I get the same message. Roger, is it possible you might be able to email them to me?

It's interesting that Eisenschiml's father doesn't appear in the roster of the unit. That's something, even before the internet, that could have been easily checked simply by finding the Illinois Adjutant General's reports. Giving Eisenschiml the benefit of the doubt and assuming that either his father's name was accidentally written down as someone else or somehow didn't make the roster (seemingly impossible, especially for an officer) would be my first choices. My great-grandfather joined the Union Third Kentucky Cavalry and yet I couldn't find him because they misspelled his name rather severely. Have you checked with the National Archives to see whether Otto's father ever applied for a pension or if his compiled service record is available?

That Otto would have lied about this, given his general lack of character, is not out of the realm of the possible, but given what I know about finding Civil War soldiers, I would need to see more proof.

Good luck!

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln in the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Journey on Lincoln's Assassination - Rob Wick - 12-01-2018 01:01 PM