My Journey on Lincoln's Assassination
11-28-2018, 11:47 AM
RE: My Journey on Lincoln's Assassination
Alas, Mr. Griffith, I find it quite telling that your response is that you think it is “rather silly” to be asked to distinguish between what you suspect and what you can prove. When you base your version of history on personal subjective assumptions and unsubstantiated material, there is virtually no limit to what you can imagine. JFK may still be alive at age 101 in the third subterranean basement of Parkland Memorial Hospital, and Elvis may have been sighted on Thanksgiving. Whatever your motive here, good luck with your method; just don’t expect to be taken seriously by those who deal in facts.

My effort to point out that distinction is sincere, but I see little point in engaging further on this. However, in leaving this thread, I will highlight just one example of what I am attempting to convey to you: do your research and find any source that was recorded prior to 1907 that corroborates any aspect of Bates’ account (which was indeed, wistful) of Lincoln or Stanton’s actions in the Telegraph Office on the morning of April 14, 1865. I doubt that you will take this challenge because it is much easier for you just to assume that Bates’ account is accurate and to use it for whatever purpose to support your version of history. However, simply assuming that it is accurate does not make it so. If you want to use Bates’ account as fact, then be prepared to offer substantiating evidence to prove it. Your attempt to dismiss a challenge to it – and your other assumptions – simply by labeling it “silly,” does you no credit. I wish you well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Journey on Lincoln's Assassination - wpbinzel - 11-28-2018 11:47 AM