My Journey on Lincoln's Assassination
10-31-2018, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2018 04:23 PM by L Verge.)
RE: My Journey on Lincoln's Assassination
(10-31-2018 04:04 PM)mikegriffith1 Wrote:  
(10-30-2018 01:23 PM)L Verge Wrote:  BTW: (1.) Since you just mentioned the so-called shut down of the commercial telegraph lines, it seems obvious that you are not aware of the great research done by Art Loux at least 30-40 years ago on this subject. Perhaps someone else should fill you in since you obviously won't believe anything that I (and several others) might say.

Wow, okay. I just read about 35 pages in chapters 8 and 9 in Loux's book John Wilkes Booth: Day by Day (McFarland & Company, 2014). You have once again recommended an author whose work is shot full of holes. I mean, good grief, Loux repeated Weichmann's and Lloyd's doubtful stories without saying a word about the evidence that their stories were obtained by coercion, much less about any of the problems with their stories. I mean, are you serious?

It is inexcusable that any author who wrote after the John Surratt trial would quote Weichmann and Lloyd as reliable witnesses. Did Loux just never read the John Surratt trial transcript? Did he never read Eisenschiml's demolition of Weichmann's and Lloyd's stories? Did the editors who published his book after his death not read Thomas Bogar's information on Weichmann's credibility in Backstage at the Lincoln Assassination?

Equally incredibly, Loux followed the military commission's line on Dr. Mudd. I guess Loux was not impressed by the fact that two modern U.S. Presidents and their staffs reviewed the evidence and concluded that Mudd was innocent, and that the ABMCR reviewed the case and unanimously concluded that Mudd's trial had been a gross miscarriage of justice. Was Loux just not aware that the military tribunal used bribed and coerced testimony and introduced several items of physical evidence that were clearly phony and fabricated?

You are so far off base now that I am not even going to dignify your diatribe with a point-by-point response.

Those on this forum who are far better versed than you in all aspects of the Lincoln assassination story (from 1864 until current events that still involve the study) have already recognized your style and your supposed purpose for continuing to spout misinformation, wrong assumptions, and so-called statements of "fact" that are half-truths - if you can even call them that. I appreciate the support that they have shown for documentable history and for me, both on the forum as well as PMs and emails to me, personally.

While I disagree with the conclusions of Dr. Neff and Len Guttridge, I found them to be polite gentlemen and not disrespectful in dealing with others. I think that's one lesson that you could learn from them.

P.S. Forgot to ask - have you even read the part about the shut-down of the commercial telegraph that caused me to recommend Art's work to you? If his book is too hard for you to digest, I believe that he wrote an article specifically on the telegraph issue for the Surratt Courier and at least one other Lincoln-related journal.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Journey on Lincoln's Assassination - L Verge - 10-31-2018 04:20 PM