My Journey on Lincoln's Assassination
10-30-2018, 05:55 PM
RE: My Journey on Lincoln's Assassination
I will only respond to your comment here regarding books that are carried in the museum's shop. We used to sell Dark Union - or let's say attempted to sell because no one bought it (literally and figuratively). I would love to sell Roscoe's Web (both versions are long out-of-print, I believe, and only available on the secondary market - not feasible for a retail store that needs multiple copies). We have sold several used copies of Eisenchiml that people have donated to us. We would also sell Dewitt, if we could get a reprint at wholesale costs. Other than that, you have been on our website and seen our listing of books and authors. It speaks for itself.

I should also educate you to the fact that our James O. Hall Research Center contains almost every one of the books that you seem to think that we "ban." Serious students are welcome to visit, or we also help electronically -- and we have many other research collections besides Hall, Tidwell, Brennan, etc. I believe you live in the D.C. region and are about a 40-minute drive to our complex.

As for your take on the work of Mike Kauffman, it's sad. You might also take into account something that anyone who has had a book published (by a reputable publishing house) should know: Final editing is often based on paring down the amount of pages - and thus, some excellent history has to go. I happen to know that this happened in both the case of American Brutus and also the seminal work done by Come Retribution. Mike tried to get around that by padding chapter notes with information removed from the main text. A lot can be learned from those chapter notes. Check them out.

I also remember Mr. Hall being so frustrated with his publisher that had agreed to do his original book - Murder at Ford's Theatre - when he was told to cut 400 pages out of his manuscript that he abandoned that book and worked with Tidwell and Gaddy on Retribution.

And finally, Surratt House Museum's staff, volunteers, and 1500 associates worldwide have spent 44 years clearing away cobwebs, theories, misinterpretations, and more in order to present a clear and factual account of all documentable details to the Lincoln conspiracy and are well-regarded for our work. Why in the world would we want to make money off of truly spurious and unprofessional books that tend to defeat our work?

You keep posting, and I'll keep posting, and never the twain shall meet in terms of agreement.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Journey on Lincoln's Assassination - L Verge - 10-30-2018 05:55 PM