My Journey on Lincoln's Assassination
10-30-2018, 04:00 AM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2018 06:29 AM by mikegriffith1.)
RE: My Journey on Lincoln's Assassination
(10-29-2018 09:36 PM)L Verge Wrote:  I just returned to the forum and noticed that you switched back to your usual method of changing the subject after both Roger and I asked for your source regarding the streetlights being turned off to assist Booth in his escape. Back you went to the same old same old about the identification of Booth on the Montauk.

My "usual method of changing the subject"? Really? I know this might come as a surprise to you, but some of us do not live on this forum. I do not always read every reply within hours of its being posted, nor do I always get around to answering every reply, but I do try to answer as many as I can.

And I have to wonder how you do not already know about the gas lights being turned off. I suppose your See the Emperor's New Clothes books have not mentioned this. Anyway, my source is Guttridge and Neff, Dark Union, pp. 145 and 263.

As for the "same old same old" about the ID of the body on the Montauk, why don't you provide a substantive, credible explanation for the evidence I've presented on the subject? "Livormortis" is not going to magically cause the face to become heavily freckled. And 10 days of flight (not 12 like you claimed) when the person has food and water every day, ample blankets, and spends three nights indoors is not going to cause an alien-like transformation of the body that is so drastic that the body bears "no resemblance" to how it looked in life. And transporting a partially covered corpse in mild weather is certainly not going to cause a body to "bear no resemblance" to how it looked in life after less than 24 hours.

Speaking of unanswered replies, I'm still waiting for you or anyone else to respond to my repeated request that you find me a documented case in the history of forensic science where a body in even partially similar circumstances underwent such a drastic change in appearance. If this astonishing change occurred, it must have been after Conger showed a photo of Booth to people the day before Booth was allegedly killed, since the people were able to identify Booth as the man in the photo.

I might also ask how all the hawk-eyed decades-belated JWB-initials witnesses, whom you uncritically accept, would have failed to notice or mention a single one of the scars on the body, if it was Booth's body. They amazingly zeroed in on the "pale" initials that were so small you had to take a close look to see them, but they didn't mention seeing any of the scars, nor did they mention seeing the tattoed cross on the other hand, not to mention the fact that they couldn't tell the difference between the arm, the wrist, and the hand. H. C. Young saw the scars and realized they were important for identification, but not one of your hawk-eyed belated JWB-initials witnesses said a word about them. In fact, not one of the Montauk witnesses who saw the body mentioned seeing any of these scars--not when they were interviewed that same day and not later on.

And while you're at it, perhaps you could explain why the body at Weaver's funeral parlor only had one filling in the mouth, whereas Booth was known to have had at least two fillings, especially given the fact the teeth were supposedly well preserved. So, then, uh, where was the other filling? They had a dental chart that was supposed to be Booth's, and no one mentioned a tooth being missing. So where was that other filling? Could this be why Merrill's presence on the Montauk and his findings are nowhere to be found in the official records? Because he came and noted that the body should have had two fillings but that it only had one?

But, lest any readers get "tricked" into missing something, please answer these questions in the "Identification of Booth's Body" thread. I have posed these questions, or very similar questions, several times in that thread.

Quote:Dear readers, I would strongly advise you to also switch back and forth between this Journey thread and the Identification thread to make sure you don't get tricked into missing something...

"Tricked"? Really? "Tricked"? Wow, okay.

Mike Griffith
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Journey on Lincoln's Assassination - mikegriffith1 - 10-30-2018 04:00 AM