My Journey on Lincoln's Assassination
10-26-2018, 08:48 PM
RE: My Journey on Lincoln's Assassination
(10-26-2018 01:41 PM)L Verge Wrote:  What is Dr. Arnold's source for claiming that Boyd had a wide scar on the back of his neck? BTW folks, I remember one of the first reasons we were critical of the book and did not sell it -- there are no footnotes nor endnotes in the entire book, and his meager list of sources are mainly Mark Katz, O'Reilly and Dugard, and the very questionable Theodore Nottingham (whose book we also rejected years ago).

I must semi-apologize and retract my statement that there are no footnotes or endnotes in Arnold's book. I began to dissect it this evening and realized that what is labeled as "Sources Noted" at the back of the book is really an elementary set of foot/end notes - 43 total, with the majority taken from the three previously mentioned authors with Bates thrown in along with medical references.

I also suspect that this is a do-it-yourself-with-the-help-of-a-printing-company publication because there are problems with page layouts, misspellings, photocopied pages that are just barely legible because no one tried to enhance the text/handwriting, and other problem areas.

I have no problems with do-it-yourself projects as long as you know the principles of publishing and have a qualified friend or colleague to support you editorially.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Journey on Lincoln's Assassination - L Verge - 10-26-2018 08:48 PM