My Journey on Lincoln's Assassination
10-25-2018, 08:39 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2018 08:40 PM by mikegriffith1.)
RE: My Journey on Lincoln's Assassination
(10-25-2018 08:11 AM)Gene C Wrote:  
(10-24-2018 06:48 PM)mikegriffith1 Wrote:  Second, as Dr. Arnold notes, the diary could have been planted on the body quite easily, or the planter could have simply pulled it out of his own pocket and claimed that he had just found it on the body.

But we do not really even know if any of the items that were allegedly found on the body were actually on the body at the farm.
They could have been given to one of Lafayette Baker's two henchmen on the search party, Conger or Lt. Baker, ahead of time and simply handed over to the War Department with the claim that they were found on the body. Dr. Arnold suggests that Jett gave these items to Conger when they met shortly before the confrontation at Garrett's farm.

Third, the amount of damning evidence supposedly found on the body is nothing short of amazing, and rather suspicious--too pat, too convenient, too much. Anyone trying to escape with his life is not going to be carrying around a bunch of evidence that identifies him as the suspect. If a suspect is going to shave off his mustache to try to avoid being identified, why in the devil would he carry around a bunch of evidence that identified him?

These two reasons just don't add up.
All your saying is it "could have" happened this way, but you have no facts to back it up.
You even admit, "but we do not even really know"
As for item #3, Booth shaved off his mustache before he made any entries in the diary.
His diary is basically a one man pity party.
Just like a lot of politicians today, he misjudged public reaction.
The shaving of the mustache only has to do with immediate identification.
Instead of being a guy with a mustache and a crutch with a nice spencer carbine,
now he's just a guy with a crutch and a nice spencer carbine.

Idea But, the spencer carbine was probably a plant by union soldiers too.

Here are some "could haves" for you to consider.....
If all your conspiracy theories were true, the soldiers "could have" kept whoever in Garrett's barn, in the barn, when it burned to the ground.
Easier for a vast conspiracy to have the charred remains identified as Booth.
Or "it could have happened" this way,
Lafayette Baker could have really dumped the body found at Garrett's in the Potomac... until they found another body that more resembled Booth
and the body he did bury belonged to some one else.

To much supposition for me. Yours and Dr. Arnold's theories have to many "it could have happened" and 'we don't really know" to carry much weight and be seriously considered.

Lots of silly strawman arguments here. The soldiers were not part of the conspiracy and were counted on to keep their mouths shut, which most of them did, or to lie, as Corbett did.

Baker could not have dumped the body into the Potomac by then, since news of "Booth's" death had already reached the capital. So, instead, a sea burial was faked; the body was buried at a secret location; there was not a even a limited viewing of the body; nobody who knew Booth well was asked to ID the body; no photo of the body was released; and nobody learned about just how drastically the body did not resemble Booth until decades later.

How about if you folks explain four facts that are on the table:

* The bullet was initially described as a rifle bullet. Read Dr. Arnold's analysis of the damage to the vertebrae and the tell-tale signs that the bullet must have been a high-velocity rifle bullet, and then find me a single forensic case where similar damage was done by a pistol bullet similar to the one Corbett would have used.

* Per the AFIP forensic review, the bullet transited the body at a sharply downward angle, an angle that Dr. Arnold has determined was 25 degrees below horizontal. Either everyone at the barn who described the man in the barn's position and action just before he was shot was lying, or the person who shot him fired from a position that was above him.

* The body looked so unlike Booth that L. Gardner said that officials on the boat decided not to take any pictures of it, and Dr. May said he had never seen a body's appearance change so drastically from how it looked in life and that the body's lineaments bore no resemblance to Booth. Find me just one case in the history of forensic science where a body underwent such a drastic change under even remotely similar circumstances. Find me just one.

* Both May and L. Gardner said the face was heavily freckled. Find me just one case in the history of forensic science where a person's face developed heavy freckling after death.

Mike Griffith
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Journey on Lincoln's Assassination - mikegriffith1 - 10-25-2018 08:39 PM