My Journey on Lincoln's Assassination
10-25-2018, 02:04 PM
RE: My Journey on Lincoln's Assassination
(10-25-2018 01:09 PM)RJNorton Wrote:  
(10-24-2018 06:48 PM)mikegriffith1 Wrote:  Anyone trying to escape with his life is not going to be carrying around a bunch of evidence that identifies him as the suspect.

If Booth were as obsessed with hiding his true identity as you indicate, then why did he give his real name to Sgt. Silas Cobb when he crossed the Navy Yard Bridge?

And also telling John Lloyd specifically what they had done. And, we only have the Mudds' word for it that he gave a fake name at their house (and, of course, I suspect that Herold had visited the Mudds on either April 12 or 13 to put them on alert - therefore, they would recognize him on April 15).

I am also confused as to how the army officers or the "Fake Booth" had the opportunity to get personal items from the assassin ahead of time and plant them on anyone stupid enough to take Booth's place in a life or death situation. We're talking a diary that has since been identified by the FBI (thanks to James O. Hall and Vice President Walter Mondale) as being in Booth's handwriting and a bank note from Ontario made out to Booth.

The four cdvs of actresses and even the one of Lucy are no big deal (few knew what Lucy looked like or that she was engaged to Booth). Other than those six "lost" letters that Mr. Griffith has yet to explain, other items are not that significant. And, I'll still question - since no answer has come - how the Dan Bryant stickpin gifted to Booth just happened to be holding together a torn undershirt on "Fake Booth."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Journey on Lincoln's Assassination - L Verge - 10-25-2018 02:04 PM