Similarities Between Lincoln and Trump
09-08-2018, 06:11 AM
RE: Similarities Between Lincoln and Trump
(09-08-2018 05:37 AM)David Lockmiller Wrote:  
(08-29-2018 09:50 PM)AussieMick Wrote:  There's an enormous amount of dopey anti-Trump nonsense spouted for political reasons.

Here's what I think is "dopey."

“You know when Abraham Lincoln made the Gettysburg Address speech, the great speech, you know he was ridiculed?” Trump told a rally in Montana on Thursday. “Fifty years after his death they said it may have been the greatest speech ever made in America. I have a feeling that’s going to happen with us. In different ways, that’s going to happen with us.”

Yes, David. President Trump does indeed say (and tweet) some very strange things. He's an enigma for sure. I certainly wouldnt claim to understand him. And I'm sure that those on the political Left are struggling too. I can understand them criticising Trump's weird and peculiar comments. But sometimes in their haste to attack they fall over themselves and , yes, make dopey comments. The result is false news or just plain poor journalism.
(We have a TV channel in Australia which is , in my view, very Left wing and is often taking the anti-Trump line).

Maybe there are indeed similarities with Lincoln. I believe that he received plenty of unfair comments by politically aligned journalists ... which often resulted in his standing amongst the community being increased. And I believe that he gave as good as he got.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Similarities Between Lincoln and Trump - AussieMick - 09-08-2018 06:11 AM