Similarities Between Lincoln and Trump
08-28-2018, 01:01 PM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2018 01:15 PM by David Lockmiller.)
RE: Similarities Between Lincoln and Trump
(08-28-2018 10:22 AM)L Verge Wrote:  You are from San Francisco, I believe, what is your opinion of Nancy Pelosi?

Speaking of personal opinions of members of Congress, what is your opinion of Duncan Hunter, one of the very earliest Congressional supporters of "Trump for President?" It was reported today that "despite a federal indictment, a new poll shows that Representative Duncan Hunter is still eight percentage points ahead of his Democratic challenger in the race to represent the 50th Congressional District." [The San Diego Union-Tribune] Is not Republican U.S. Representative Duncan Hunter one of those who you say "love themselves and their power more than they do the principles of democracy on which our country depends?" Interestingly enough, his name could not be removed from the ballot here in California because of legislated election rules.

And what about New York Republican Representative Chris Collins who was arrested recently by the FBI alongside his son and the father of his son’s fiancée on insider trading charges. Collins has become an important figure in Washington politics under President Trump. He was the first congressional Republican to endorse the president’s candidacy and he’s one of Trump’s close confidants on Capitol Hill.

Birds of a feather, flock together!

(08-28-2018 12:44 PM)L Verge Wrote:  I am taking that to mean that you are not particularly fond of Mrs. Pelosi's political skills either.

It is not Mrs. Pelosi's political skills to which I object. It is one of her political positions to which I and many others within her Congressional district strongly objected and have done so for many years. She declared essentially at the outset of discussion of this issue with her constituents that she was the only one in the forum with a vote in Congress and our opinions were of no consequence as regarded her decision to which she has remained steadfast and consistent.

I have never voted for her again and that experience was many years ago.

"So very difficult a matter is it to trace and find out the truth of anything by history." -- Plutarch
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Similarities Between Lincoln and Trump - David Lockmiller - 08-28-2018 01:01 PM