Similarities Between Lincoln and Trump
08-28-2018, 08:48 AM
RE: Similarities Between Lincoln and Trump
(08-27-2018 10:01 PM)L Verge Wrote:  I also think that both men have one common denominator - a genuine love for their country. That is one thing that I believe many of our current politicians and leaders in industry and society do not have. They love themselves and their power more than they do the principles of democracy on which our country depends.

Donald Trump loves himself perhaps more than any other human being has ever loved himself. How many Trump Towers are there in this world? He even wanted to build one in Russia.

Donald certainly does not have much love for the truth. How many lies has Donald Trump told since he became President? I believe that the Washington Post is keeping a documented "running tab." As I recall, the last count was over two thousand.

We've all heard of the phrase in reference to Abraham Lincoln as being "Honest Abe." Has anyone ever referred to Donald Trump as "Honest Donald?" I don't think so, unless he or she has been well paid. Rudolph Giuliani is getting rich singing the Donald's virtues. Michael Cohen for many years was willing "to take a bullet for Donald Trump" until he realized that he was going to be the next in line to be thrown under the wheels of the bus by the Donald.

Maybe ask Donald's current wife about his fidelity to his marriage vows. Or, you can ask Stormy Daniels and Playboy model Karen McDougal.

Donald Trump has repeatedly and often said the he keeps his promises. When is he going to keep his oft-repeated promise to release his tax returns to the citizens of the United States?

Regarding Donald's genuine love for his country, talk about his repeated draft avoidance during the Viet Nam War and his statement that John McCain was only a war hero because he got captured, tortured, and refused to return ahead of his fellow prisoners out of order of capture. And, where was the proper respect due to Senator McCain following his very recent death by President Trump ordering the raising of the American flag to full staff over the White House after only a half day of respect?

And, speaking of the principles of democracy, President Trump could put an end to the murder of innocent children in Yemen by ordering the cessation of refueling Saudi jets in flight to and from the their targets in Yemen and by the end of smart bomb sales to the Saudi's. He can do this until the Saudi's are able to properly distinguish military targets from civilian targets such as hospitals, marriages, funerals, and children on a school outing. President Trump is now putting at risk American military personnel being accused justifiably of participation in war crimes. What distinguishes President Trump's inaction's in Yemen from Aung San Suu Kyi's inaction's in Myanmar? Both are silent as war crimes have been committed, and continue, within their sphere of influence. And, both appear to love themselves and their power more than they do the principles of democracy on which their respective countries depend.

"So very difficult a matter is it to trace and find out the truth of anything by history." -- Plutarch
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Similarities Between Lincoln and Trump - David Lockmiller - 08-28-2018 08:48 AM