Similarities Between Lincoln and Trump
08-12-2018, 12:52 PM
RE: Similarities Between Lincoln and Trump
(08-12-2018 07:30 AM)My Name Is Kate Wrote:  Another NYT article. Still reading the fake news, and believing it, I see.

People are so worried and depressed about losing their jobs at Carrier, that they don't even show up for work. That makes a lot of sense.

I agree, Kate. That article is so typical of the NYT and its need to appeal to the nay-sayers and those with little knowledge or concern for what is really going on. To me, this isn't a government administration problem at Carrier -- it's the company's own employees not caring, not thinking about consequences, and working the system.

BTW: Does the Times realize that late-July and early-August (the time period that they decided to report on for absenteeism) is also the period that a high percentage of Americans choose to take their summer vacation? Perhaps it is a Carrier administration problem that they are approving too many employee requests for leave at the same time?

And finally, our American system of laissez-faire industry has always encouraged taking necessary means to achieve goals (which were usually based on making money by eliminating some costs). We are now in Trump's world of global economy -- not Lincoln's world of hometown economics.

Wonder what Lincoln's solution for the Carrier situation would be? I suspect that he'd be admonishing those lazy workers (if there truly are any) to get off their duffs and work at keeping their jobs, improving their company, and stop being spoiled Americans.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Similarities Between Lincoln and Trump - L Verge - 08-12-2018 12:52 PM