Powell's Hair being "Filed?" What's THAT about?!
09-24-2012, 09:34 AM
RE: Powell's Hair being "Filed?" What's THAT about?!
(09-24-2012 08:32 AM)LincolnMan Wrote:  Gene: I absolutely love your humor-and you are very correct in what you said. The average person would have no idea what we're even talking about!

I was thinking of that too, Bill, so I will give the background for my articles in Conspirators' Quarterly.

Live in the moment-How to entice the ladies when you are on trial for your life. Davey Herold would toss his hair and show off his handcuffs to the ladies in the courtroom.

Plan for the future -How to write the perfect thank you note for the presents the ladies send you in case you survive this whole ordeal and want to marry one of them. - Lewis Powell received a handkerchief from a lady. That may have been the same handkerchief he dipped in water and tied around his neck in the courtroom to keep cool.

Mastering the difficult art of crossing your legs when your legs are shackled by a six foot long chain to which is attached a 50 pound ball. [i]The New York Times mentions how Powell would cross his legs in court resting his shackled hands on his top leg.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Powell's Hair being "Filed?" What's THAT about?! - Linda Anderson - 09-24-2012 09:34 AM