Lincoln and Medicine
12-28-2017, 12:14 PM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2017 12:16 PM by STS Lincolnite.)
RE: Lincoln and Medicine
Susan, after your thoughts on this book, I thought about a person/place that could probably really use a copy. Unfortunately, I just can’t be sure sending it would have the desired effect.

Some time back, I visited a small community museum (no, I won’t reveal where it was) that had some connection to Lincoln. I was looking at a Lincoln related museum exhibit and got into a conversation with a museum attendant. We talked a little about Lincoln. He had some of his facts wrong and I attempted to gently correct him but it was to no avail. Oh well. But then he told me that Lincoln was considered a giant during his time because he was so tall. He also then “educated” me on the fact that Lincoln had a disease and that is why he was so tall. The disease made him keep growing and growing and growing and if he hadn’t been killed, he probably would have been 8 or 9 feet tall. You can probably imagine the awkward pause from me after that. After my previous failed attempt to re-direct him on the other little factual errors, I didn’t even bother with this whopper. I just nodded my head and said “wow.”

As for me, I think this book sounds interesting. I will give it a look. Blaine, if you are out there have you read this book and do you have any thoughts on it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Lincoln and Medicine - Susan Higginbotham - 12-27-2017, 12:05 PM
RE: Lincoln and Medicine - STS Lincolnite - 12-28-2017 12:14 PM
RE: Lincoln and Medicine - Houmes - 12-29-2017, 03:38 PM
RE: Lincoln and Medicine - Eva Elisabeth - 12-28-2017, 01:19 PM
RE: Lincoln and Medicine - Gene C - 12-28-2017, 03:27 PM
RE: Lincoln and Medicine - Eva Elisabeth - 12-28-2017, 03:40 PM
RE: Lincoln and Medicine - RJNorton - 12-28-2017, 03:58 PM