Some Strange activities associated with Elmira.
08-29-2017, 03:30 PM
RE: Some Strange activities associated with Elmira.
SUSAN AND LAURIE. I have a problem. The copy of the Saint Lawrence Hall Register available on the computer is a TYPED COPY. The original copy was HANDWRITTEN.
The Typed Copy was prepared a few years ago by someone who wanted a shorter copy with only "important" names. Sarah didn't make the cut. I remember that in the original copy the same person signed both names, because the "tail" of the signature curled up and back over the name - to cross the T's. (I reason that someone
"saved" them a room , by reserving the rooms. (The Clerk?. Rev. Cameron? Who?) I am looking for my copy, but it is in storage. Meanwhile, I have asked the Librarian at the Surratt House if they have a Handwritten copy. I am on the list for research, but it my be awhile. ALSO, She may not be able to reply, because their copy is split and sometimes fails. (I remember that I tried to get a copy, but the machine wouldn't print.) SO! please stand by while we work this out, because SARAH WAS WITH SURRATT ON THAT TRIP.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some Strange activities associated with Elmira. - SSlater - 08-29-2017 03:30 PM