The trailer...I will see this movie!
10-18-2012, 05:04 PM
RE: The trailer...I will see this movie!
As a member of The Lincoln Forum, I just received this notice:

SPECIAL FREE SCREENING OF SPIELBERG’S LINCOLN
AT THE LINCOLN FORUM NOVEMBER 15!
Dear Lincoln Forum Members,
Over the last few weeks, as you know, excitement has been building over the upcoming mid-November premiere of Steven Spielberg’s eagerly anticipated film, Lincoln, starring Daniel Day-Lewis, Sally Field, Tommy Lee Jones, and David Strathairn, and based in part on Doris Kearns Goodwin’s acclaimed book Team of Rivals.
The Forum recently learned that the Gateway Theater, located in the same complex as our headquarters Wyndham Hotel, has booked the film as a commercial attraction beginning November 16. It has further come to our attention that some of our registrants have been pre-booking tickets to some of the showings even though they may conflict with Lincoln Forum sessions.
We are pleased to report that at the request of Vice Chairman Harold Holzer, who served as Content Consultant for the movie, Mr. Spielberg and co-producer Kristie Macosko have most generously arranged a free Lincoln Forum preview screening of the movie for the evening of November 15 at 7 PM—the day before the Forum officially gets underway—at the same Gateway Theater. All Forum attendees who can make it to Gettysburg a day early—and we know many of you do come on the 15th—are invited to attend free as guests of Mr. Spielberg.

Unfortunately, my mobility issues have prevented me from attending the Forum for the past few years. Sure would like to be there for this screening.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The trailer...I will see this movie! - Hess1865 - 09-14-2012, 07:21 AM
RE: The trailer...I will see this movie! - Laurie Verge - 10-18-2012 05:04 PM