Here is some more "St. Albans"
06-17-2017, 07:51 PM
RE: Here is some more "St. Albans"
(06-17-2017 08:37 AM)JMadonna Wrote:  
(06-16-2017 01:25 PM)SSlater Wrote:  Let's think about the Bank Robbery for a minute. How much money did the robbers get? The published amount was $200,00 =/_. I say they got NOTHING, repeat NOTHING.
Even if they went out the door with $200,00. They got nothing. All the bills had "ST. ALBANS BANK written all over them. So, the next day the Bank says "All Green Bank notes are now worthless. Any good neighbors who have Green notes, bring them in for exchange to Red notes. (Don't even think about what serial number they are.) THUS
no money was "lost".
Maybe the Raiders got $100.00 in U.S. Money to be split 20 ways, but is that worth dyeing for?
I read that the Banks made a profit on the robbery, after reimbursement by the Robbers , by Canada and by the U.S.

If that's true why did England compensate St. Albans for their loss?

I have never seen a full and final accounting, but a more and interesting question would be WHY give them anything? It looks like their Lawyers and the Bankers teamed up on a scheme. We know that the Raiders, used money, lost money, hid money and even took money home and the Banks were compensated. I will reread what ever I saw. PS. Why do I see your name in footnotes when I read this stuff?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Here is some more "St. Albans" - SSlater - 06-02-2017, 01:56 PM
RE: Here is some more "St. Albans" - SSlater - 06-17-2017 07:51 PM