Interesting Day at the Old Surratt Hacienda
07-24-2016, 03:19 PM
RE: Interesting Day at the Old Surratt Hacienda
(07-23-2016 01:19 PM)BettyO Wrote:  
Quote:I guess my forty-one years at Surratt House are wearing me down, but I'm becoming very jaded and impatient with artistes of various medias who have stretched artistic license and history to the breaking point. It is especially frustrating when there have been so many good books written since the 1980s as well as decent sites online. It is better to work with documentaries than with those more avant garde theater groups, but the final product is not always what you hope it will be.

I have to agree with Laurie - I, too would much more work with documentaries which don't take historical liberty (if at all!) I loved working the producers, directors and actors of NGC's Killing Lincoln - they were totally interested in getting the story right! I have a confession to make: I have written a synopsis for a one-man stage play about Powell and I have had some interest expressed in it. However, I think I'm a lousy play writer. More later on this.....

I'd be happy to portray Payne and perform it at the 2017 Surratt Conference.

Thomas Kearney, Professional Photobomber.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting Day at the Old Surratt Hacienda - Thomas Kearney - 07-24-2016 03:19 PM