Interesting Day at the Old Surratt Hacienda
06-02-2016, 10:18 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2016 10:25 AM by L Verge.)
RE: Interesting Day at the Old Surratt Hacienda
(06-01-2016 11:01 PM)tom82baur Wrote:  I looked them up and found this:
"Our ensemble of Lanie Robertson's new play "The Trial of Mrs. Surratt" exploring the Viewpoints in rehearsal. Photography by Hadley E. Mueller.
"The Trial of Mrs. Surratt" is Written by Lanie Robertson, Directed by Natalie Villamonte Zito, Music Direction by Jacob W. Patorti"

"The Wandering Theatre Company added 104 new photos from May 11 to the album: Viewpoint Rehearsal Photography — with Kate McGarrigle and 7 others in New York, New York.

These pics all appear to be from their studio around May 11, but I thought that perhaps some of the faces might be familiar from the visit today. Smile

https://www.facebook.com/thewanderingthe...fref=photo

Scroll down that page..... there is a video of the rehearsal, more pics and ....this: "We are beyond excited to announce our new piece for 2016!! Our Artistic Director Natalie Villamonte Zito and our new company friend Lanie Robertson are teaming up once again, bringing The Trial of Mrs. Surratt to life this summer!! And this year we will be Wandering to Vermont, Washington, D.C. and of course our home sweet home New York City!!! Stay tuned for updates! <3 The Wandering Theatre Company"

https://www.facebook.com/thewanderingthe...=3&theater

They will be 'wandering to Washington, DC"! Wink

Thanks for this. I don't have Facebook, so if anyone knows how to transfer at least the photos, I would appreciate it greatly. Natalie and her assistant, Melissa, were both here for the shoots and both were great to work with.

Their professional photographer was outstanding. He set up a laptop on a counter near my office, would go outside for shoots for about a half-hour, come back in long enough for his camera to talk to his laptop, and then go creative. Some of the photos that he managed to "photoshop" into something different were remarkable.

Lanie Robertson is the playwright, but was not with them this time. Natalie said that he has worked on this script for 15 years. That reminded me of the playwright that we worked with for 20 years before his script was finally transformed into The Conspirator by Robert Redford and the American Film Company.

We have also had a longtime relationship with a local playwright, Rich Amada, who has a play about the Judicial Murder of Mary Surratt. About a decade or so ago, they performed a staged reading for one of the Surratt banquets and also a similar event at the old boardinghouse. That time, it really caused me to wonder if Mrs. Surratt's ghost would appear (for real). It would have been strange for the lady to watch her fate unfold in what would have been the dining room of her former home, amidst a setting of Chinese/Japanese food and sushi!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting Day at the Old Surratt Hacienda - L Verge - 06-02-2016 10:18 AM