Why we must keep the Lincoln history alive
09-02-2012, 01:09 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2012 01:12 PM by BettyO.)
RE: Why we must keep the Lincoln history alive
I'm the very same as you guys! I could NOT tell who was who nowadays as far as celebrities are concerned - and I do not care, either!

When someone with the greatness of Neil Armstrong dies and is little noticed - it hurts! It hurts the moral fiber of this country as well as each and every one of us. Where would we be in the space race today if Neil Armstrong had NOT been the first on the moon? Yet, we give more attention to souped up, over paid celebrities than to actual heroes? Sad!

I watch very little television aside from the news (and yes, the Republican Convention the other night - enjoyed every minute!) I detest "American Idol", "America's Got Talent" (Really?! Where?!?) any of that "reality" garbage - but will watch History Channel, PBS and any other history oriented show/special. Can't wait for the National Geo Channel docu-drama in February... and occasionally I DO watch Turner Classic Movies - Bill, I LOVE old Black and White movies!

The point in fact is that in order to stay relevant - we MUST keep history alive - a people who have no history have no future IMO....

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why we must keep the Lincoln history alive - BettyO - 09-02-2012 01:09 PM