Will the real Thomas F. Harney, PLEASE STAND UP!
05-10-2016, 08:41 PM
RE: Will the real Thomas F. Harney, PLEASE STAND UP!
Question -- Where did we learn that Thomas F. Summers was to be Harney's guide? I have been searching this, and I now Question that thought. We were also told that Summers was captured when Harney was captured at Fairfax Station.
I have found that is not so.
I did find that a guy named Edward L Hefflebower was arrested with Harney and they went to Old Capitol and on to Elmira -together. I have "Official Records" , that support that information.
I have 27 pages of Mosby's Roster of men, Including his Artillery Unit, and anyone who rode with him for a short time, including Stringfellow, - ( and one named "Peachy").but there is NO SUMMERS.

PS A small story for your entertainment. My stepson is Thomas Benton Gayle V. Mosby shows a Thomas Benton Gayle 1. in his Co. H. I married Betty Jo Gayle and she had tons of Mosby stuff including two pistols handed to TBG 1. by Mosby. I didn't know TBG 1 or TBG 2, but 3 was called Benton, 4 was called Tommy,, and 5 is called Ben. (so, if you mention TBG, I have to ask Which one?)

This whole story is messed up with incorrect spelling and untrue facts. The OR says that Harvey, was arrested. I also believe the man arrested with Harney might have been Edward Heiflebower , who was in the 12th VA Cav, but I can't prove it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will the real Thomas F. Harney, PLEASE STAND UP! - SSlater - 05-10-2016 08:41 PM