The Handwriting Style of Abraham Lincoln
02-25-2016, 07:58 AM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2016 03:45 PM by Eva Elisabeth.)
RE: The Handwriting Style of Abraham Lincoln
Re.: "I see some biographers have described his penmanship as sweeping and elegant. In fact, Abraham Lincoln had terrible penmanship."

In FACT? Since when has style anything to do with facts?
That you don't like Lincoln's penmanship is your very personal taste. (You haven't seen mine yet, I suppose your judgement would be devastating.) I hope you will share a sample of your handwriting for us to get insight in your guidance value and education.

To me, it is certainly a typical male's style, very mature, a personality handwriting, shaped from life and many, many lenghty hours and words of (almost) lifelong practice. And the sweepingness suggests generosity and an open mind. I like it and I do find Abraham Lincoln's handwriting elegant while not kitschy.

As for concluding from non-calligraphic handwriting style on absence of formal education, what do you think is this writer's educational background? (Everyone is welcome to guess.)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Handwriting Style of Abraham Lincoln - Eva Elisabeth - 02-25-2016 07:58 AM