The Handwriting Style of Abraham Lincoln
02-24-2016, 05:35 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2016 05:38 PM by L Verge.)
RE: The Handwriting Style of Abraham Lincoln
From our research librarian here at Surratt House:

I did a brief google search to see if I could come up with an alternate author. The author appears to be unknown, and I did find this info on the provenance of the article:

As far as I can gather, the letter’s first recorded appearance was in the web site of the National Council for Teachers Education in New Delhi, India. This was reported by Thomas E. Schwartz in a bylined article, “Lincoln Never Said That,” for the Winter 2001 issue of For the People, the newsletter of the Abraham Lincoln Association. That web site no longer carries the letter, but its appearance there must have conferred legitimacy to it in education circles, for two years later, on January 22, 2003, The Tribune of India reported that a university vice-chancellor in the Punjab region, in a circular to teachers and students, had quoted extensively from the letter to justify a controversial amendment of a language usage rule.

I promise that this is the last of this discussion from me:

Re: A Father’s Letter to His Son’s Teacher
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 08:32:59 PM »

Bravo to whomever penned these words, they will be as valuable in 10,000 years as
they are at this moment.

My kind of person who appreciates the message more than the writer...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Handwriting Style of Abraham Lincoln - L Verge - 02-24-2016 05:35 PM