The Handwriting Style of Abraham Lincoln
02-24-2016, 03:21 PM
RE: The Handwriting Style of Abraham Lincoln
Ah, Mr. Maharba, I was wondering when you would again post some criticisms of Mr. Lincoln...

First, where do you live because I never heard the word "cursive" until about 15 years ago when my grandson announced that he was learning "cursive." It had been plain old "longhand" my entire life. Of course, now, one does not need to use either word because your computer will do the talking for you from now on.

I looked at some online sources that analyze handwriting. One commented under a Lincoln sample: "Looking at Abraham Lincoln's handwriting, one sees a natural intelligence, mental agility, and ambition of a highly active, progressive leader. Willingness to take risks and excellent delegating skills are visible among the quietness and peace in his steady hand."

I guess that "the near total absence of formal education" and "poor handwriting ability" doesn't make much difference when you are dealing with a born leader.

The link that I am now going to recommend was a learning experience to me because it quoted a letter that Lincoln supposedly sent to one of his son's (Robert?) teachers. I have never even heard it mentioned before, so I hope one of our Lincoln experts will chime in and say that it is real. It is beautifully written, and as a used history teacher, I think it should be posted on every teacher's desk.

http://www.theworldofhandwriting.com/fam...g-analysis

And last, but not least, Mr. Maharba, please scan some of your handwriting and post it online here so that we can see how it compares to Mr. Lincoln's. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Handwriting Style of Abraham Lincoln - L Verge - 02-24-2016 03:21 PM