Fortune's Fool is a National Book Critics Circle Award Nominee
02-14-2016, 03:18 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2016 09:47 PM by jonathan.)
RE: Fortune's Fool is a National Book Critics Circle Award Nominee
I've just started reading this book. I'm only a couple chapters in, but so far I'm enjoying it very much. It occurred to me how great it would be if this book could be made into a movie, or better yet a miniseries. With so much going on in the world of television these days, it seems like the time has never been better for a really well done, in-depth look at the Lincoln Assassination. With HBO, Showtime, Netflix, Amazon, etc. all getting into original programming, seems like one of them would be open minded towards this kind of thing. I think it would be very popular if done *right* and advertised. As we all know, it's a fascinating story. There is no need for embellishment or artistic license. Just tell the story as it happened and I believe people would watch. I'm not saying I think it would break records, but I think it would be worthwhile and profitable for the content creators. And let's face it, outside of a relatively tiny group of us, nobody knows anything about JWB except that he was an actor who killed Lincoln. It would just make me so happy if someone would take on this project, make it a 5 or 6 night miniseries, and look at the life of JWB, with special attention on the conspiracy, assassination, and manhunt (obviously). I realize this will very likely never happen, but a boy can dream, right??

"The interment of John Booth was without trickery or stealth, but no barriers of evidence, no limits of reason ever halted the Great American Myth." - George S. Bryan, The Great American Myth
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fortune's Fool is a National Book Critics Circle Award Nominee - jonathan - 02-14-2016 03:18 PM