He Served in Place of Abraham Lincoln
01-24-2016, 12:19 PM
RE: He Served in Place of Abraham Lincoln
That's not a "chase," sir or madam; that's just another skipping down the path of suppositions and personal opinions that you are so good at. Please show us how Larner benefited from securing Staples (whom you have now decided to call by his middle name, btw) as a substitute for Lincoln. Is there a paper trail that we fail to see? Did he get promoted to the top of the heap of political supporters? Where's the evidence of cronyism?

If Larner was anything like thousands of survivors of the Civil War, his experiences (as civilian or military) stuck with him He might still be prone to making sarcastic remarks to cover memories. Frankly, Staples did nothing out of the ordinary during his brief service in Lincoln's stead to be remembered for - other than having papers that listed him as Lincoln's representative. Personally, I feel that the historians who have traced the facts of Staples's service have done him justice, and you are making a mountain out of a mole hill in your never-ending pursuit of digging up dirt on Abraham Lincoln and his associates - or chastising historians for having to omit parts of history that are sidebars to the BIG picture.

BTW: Are you a Mr. or Mrs. or Ms so that I may address you properly? Also, do you live in the U.S.? Just curious, so I apologize if I offend with these questions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: He Served in Place of Abraham Lincoln - L Verge - 01-24-2016 12:19 PM