Lincoln's Christianity by Michael Burkhimer
12-16-2015, 07:24 AM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2015 09:31 AM by Eva Elisabeth.)
RE: Lincoln's Christianity by Michael Burkhimer
(12-15-2015 10:52 PM)maharba Wrote:  I wonder how many (Fehenbachers included?) realized that it was Seward and not Lincoln wrote the Thanksgiving Proclamation. With this knowledge in view, it makes it all but certain that Lincoln truly was again scorning a religious themed item (appearing to be from Lincoln himself), at the same time giving out to the poor public the golden notion of himself in traditional Christian unity with them. That surely does not sound to me like 'a man evolving from atheism to deism or Christianity'.
Maharba, it would be nice if you at times could react to replies to you, e.g. as for what I wrote about Herndon's bias, and my latest post at all, and Roger's excellent post #96. That would perhaps help to advance the discussion. So far you have mainly repeated yourself over and over (like a scratched record), greatly ignoring others' replies and valid points made to you.

I think way more than you expect know that Seward drafted the TP, and I don't find it striking - Lincoln was busy enough. Again I ask you, do you draw the same conclusion from the fact that the Pope lets others write is speeches, and call him an atheist, truly scorning religion?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lincoln's Christianity by Michael Burkhimer - Eva Elisabeth - 12-16-2015 07:24 AM