Lincoln's Christianity by Michael Burkhimer
12-12-2015, 07:50 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2015 01:00 PM by Gene C.)
RE: Lincoln's Christianity by Michael Burkhimer
(12-11-2015 09:35 PM)maharba Wrote:  Now, if you feel that Seward did NOT write the Thanksgiving Proclamation, and that Salmon Chase did NOT write the last paragraph of
the Emancipation Proclamation, let me know. On the other hand, if I am presenting some new information to you, please let me know that too.

You make statements of fact as evidence for misleading questions and comments, so NO, you have not presented "new information"

we are back to square one

but Maharba, what about your other comments

"And that fits very well with Lincoln scorning it as just some of Seward's nonsense"
"Didn't Chase write the last paragraph of the Emancipation Proclamation and to fittingly include GOD, over the objections of Lincoln?"
"Didn't Abraham Lincoln mock God and Christianity to 'sophisticated folks'?"
"And I'll add to them:
Why was Lincoln even in his final years so resistant to God in his edicts and addresses?"

You have not connected "Lincoln's scorning it as just some of Seward's nonsense" to the Thanksgiving Proclamation
You have not connected Chase's contribution to the Emancipation Proclamation to "over the objections of Lincoln?"
Where and when did Lincoln mock God to sophisticated folks?
Where does Lincoln, in his final years, show resistance to God in his edicts and addresses?

After repeated request, you haven't yet been able to answer any of this. Your replies don't answer the questions.

Maharba wrote:
I'll wonder again:
Did Lincoln include in his original spoken Gettysburg Speech the
phrase "under God"?

I think it is more important that it is included in a written version that he wrote. There were only a few thousand (if that many) that heard the speech, millions have read it.

Maharba, I've enjoyed the discussion, but the attention in this thread seems to be turning away from Lincoln and focusing more on you and your comments. I see you asking leading questions, but unable to make a satisfactory reply to direct questions. The tone and intent of this thread has shifted, so for now, I will be moving on to other topics.

So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lincoln's Christianity by Michael Burkhimer - Gene C - 12-12-2015 07:50 AM