Lincoln's Christianity by Michael Burkhimer
11-14-2015, 10:11 AM
RE: Lincoln's Christianity by Michael Burkhimer
Lincoln or any man can 'feel religious' or irreligious, can call for prayer, the masses to "pray with me". In my simple view, a man is a marxist who reads Marx words and does what Marx said to do. The same with Christianity, a man is a Christian who reads the words of Jesus Christ and does what Christ said to do. Often folks, particularly atheists, will tell Christians what a Christian must be and do. Usually, by first mentioning Christ, and then quoting instead Paul, the Pope, Martin Luther, etc. Lincoln was certainly not a marxist, but he apparently went much further regarding Christ. Absolutely, scorning Jesus and even writing out a book explaining why he rejected Jesus Christ. I have never known anybody else to go that effort, in my experience. Just after his death, and before Herndon began to publish, the North was filled with 'Christian authorities and divines' explaining just how Abraham Lincoln was a follower of Jesus, how he had evolved into that mindset. I have more respect, at least, for the adamant lifelong position of Abraham Lincoln. He rejected Jesus Christ,
Scripture, and the Christian God of the Bible. And I think Lincoln would have been angry at folks for later posing him as a Christian.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lincoln's Christianity by Michael Burkhimer - maharba - 11-14-2015 10:11 AM