Lincoln's Christianity by Michael Burkhimer
11-08-2015, 07:38 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2015 08:12 AM by Eva Elisabeth.)
RE: Lincoln's Christianity by Michael Burkhimer
Kate, these are amongst my personal issues (see my post 18) with "the Bible" respective faith, too. I think there's no answer than either you believe these things or not. I had a friend, very intelligent, brilliant architect, who was firm in believing in the Bible and would have told you the only beginning of men 's evolution was God's creation of Adam and Eve - period. No animals in ancestry.
The Old Testamentary God was quite brutal IMO and rather fearsome, so "in line" with the ongoings in nature.
Despite I see unfairness towards all people born before Jesus' death regarding the the original sin issue. Yes, I, too, have often wondered what Lincoln thought about these things as he had a rational, rather scientifically thinking and questioning mind. I wonder if he read Darwin's "Origin of Species"" (published in 1859).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lincoln's Christianity by Michael Burkhimer - Eva Elisabeth - 11-08-2015 07:38 AM