Kathy Canavan Invterview
10-14-2015, 03:10 PM
RE: Kathy Canavan Invterview
I have run home the last two nights, gulped down dinner, and headed to the sofa to read Kathy's book. Tonight, I should be able to finish it.

I have loved every single page! Kathy is a wonderful writer to begin with; add to that her background as a crime reporter, and she has managed to make this old, jaded Lincoln assassination addict (who thought she had read everything on the subject) sit up and hang on every sentence - so many details that I did not want to miss a thing.

Great research and great writing style make Lincoln's Final Hours rise to the top of the list of ones that I would recommend to anyone showing the least bit of interest in the assassination story. Those who think they know it all will find some extra tidbits too as well as finding it an enjoyable read.

Thomas - in another post, I urged you to become a polished historian. Read Kathy's book, and you will get an excellent example of how to make an "old story" new again and attractive to future readers (without having to resort to theories and trickery).

There are HISTORIANS, and then there are PUBLIC HISTORIANS. The latter category has the ability to relate history to members of the general public and are usually found in the museum world of tours and programming. Kathy has made the words in her book do the same type of talking and teaching that a public historian is good at. I now have to convince her to move to Southern Maryland and become a guide at Surratt House!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Kathy Canavan Invterview - BettyO - 10-10-2015, 06:36 PM
RE: Kathy Canavan Invterview - RJNorton - 10-11-2015, 05:08 AM
RE: Kathy Canavan Invterview - Rogerm - 10-11-2015, 09:03 AM
RE: Kathy Canavan Invterview - Jim Garrett - 10-11-2015, 11:15 AM
RE: Kathy Canavan Invterview - RJNorton - 10-14-2015, 10:26 AM
RE: Kathy Canavan Invterview - L Verge - 10-14-2015 03:10 PM
RE: Kathy Canavan Invterview - BettyO - 10-14-2015, 07:24 PM
RE: Kathy Canavan Invterview - RJNorton - 10-15-2015, 05:34 AM
RE: Kathy Canavan Invterview - Dave Taylor - 10-31-2015, 09:27 AM