The Conspiracy Between the Union Army and John Wilkes Booth to Assassinate Lin
08-09-2015, 05:07 PM
RE: The Conspiracy Between the Union Army and John Wilkes Booth to Assassinate Lin
Dave, that's a real drag and I think you have every right to be upset. I also think you have every right to request the book as it now exists be pulled from publication. If I were you, I'd let the folks at Amazon and anywhere else that book is sold know that it violates copyright law.

Having been in the print/publication biz for too many years, I have noticed that the ease of creating print/digital/print-on-demand/Web publications has resulted in some folks with little or no knowledge of intellectual property stepping over lines of which they are evidently unaware. That doesn't make it right.

Years ago, I once temped--for a few hours--at a huge company and my assignment was to scour the Web for photos that the company could use in their collateral without paying for their use. When I pointed out to the person running the marketing department that such activity was theft, she responded that "if it's on the Web, it's public domain."

Of course, her response was pure nonsense. Seems as though some people still believe it. I wished this person good luck and recommended that she attend a intellectual-property workshop before she got her company into big trouble.

Good luck!

--Jim

Please visit my blog: http://jimsworldandwelcometoit.com/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Conspiracy Between the Union Army and John Wilkes Booth to Assassinate Lin - Jim Page - 08-09-2015 05:07 PM