Mudds aim to clear name of doc who treated Lincoln killer
11-11-2015, 11:00 PM
RE: Mudds aim to clear name of doc who treated Lincoln killer
You can include me in the group that thinks Mudd was guilty, as I've said before. When I look at the facts, I just find it impossible to conclude that he was innocent. I'm not saying he was in on everything from start to finish, but I firmly believe that he knew exactly who was at his house that night and that Booth almost certainly told him what had happened. If he had truly found out about the assassination for the first time the next day, and knowing there were two strangers in his house, you'll have to do some work to convince me that he would have taken his sweet time going back home. He would have made a beeline. I believe he took his time because he already knew about the assassination, he knew exactly who was at his house, and he was trying to decide the best way to handle the situation (save his own neck). The whole thing about the "false whiskers" is, to me, just ridiculous. As was mentioned before, why would he tell Lloyd what he had done and then turn around and try to hide it all from Mudd? I just don't believe that he would. So if I believe Lloyd told the truth, I almost have to believe that Booth hid nothing from Mudd. And I believe Lloyd. Not because he was this straight shooting, upstanding citizen, because he obviously wasn't, but because it sounds exactly like something Booth would have said/done.

"The interment of John Booth was without trickery or stealth, but no barriers of evidence, no limits of reason ever halted the Great American Myth." - George S. Bryan, The Great American Myth
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mudds aim to clear name of doc who treated Lincoln killer - jonathan - 11-11-2015 11:00 PM